If you are an immigrant living in the UK, then you should be familiar with the term immigration solicitor. This is mostly because you might need the services of this professional at some point. An immigration attorney is a special lawyer that deals with a variety of immigration issues. They can also be simply defined as lawyers for immigrants or non-citizens.
What are some of the roles of an immigrant solicitor?
The functions of this lawyers are unique compared to other types of lawyers. Although they receive similar training to other lawyers, and they possess similar qualification, they spend most of their time helping people who are having immigration related issues. However, some of them still take on other cases that are not related to immigration.
The primary role of an immigration solicitor in the UK is to act as an advisor or counselor to foreigners who are seeking to have residency in the UK. Besides from this group of people, they can also offer advice to any person who will be interacting with the immigration authorities.
Immigration solicitors will offer advice on matters relating to citizenship, naturalization and deportation. If you are a non-citizen and you want to get the necessary documents that you will require when looking for a job in the UK, then you will also need the services of these lawyers.
Situations where it is imperative to hire an immigration solicitor
Most people think that they will only need to hire these lawyers when they need to fill an important immigration document. This might be true to some extent but there are also some other situations when hiring an immigration lawyer is crucial. Some of these situations include the following.
· If an immigrant has been convicted or charged with any crime.
· When your previous immigration applications have been declined.
· If you have been deported in the past or you have been blacklisted or denied entry into the UK in the past.
· If you already have an employment prospect, but your employer is not willing to assist you with the Visa applications.
· If you plan to migrate to the UK with your family and one or more of your children might attain the legal age before you are granted permanent residency.
· You should also hire an immigration lawyer if you simply do not know what to do next after starting the immigration application process.
If you want a smooth immigration process in the UK, then hiring the services of an immigration solicitor is the best way to make this possible.